Our Beautiful Life

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Unevenful and Loving It!!

Today was the first day that I have ever enjoyed such an uneventful day of bliss. Karter had NO spells today which means that the medicine should be doing its job! Her O2 levels have bounced around a little today but majority of the time they have remained in the 80's. She is still on oxygen but is on a limited amount that they hope to have fully turned off by tomorrow afternoon! We were able to talk to the doctors today and he was a bit baffled by yesterday's big event. He said that there was no way that she should have had a spell since she was in such a calm state and was on her medicine. Therefore I believe they are a little hesitant to let us know when we will be going home. We are hoping to head out of here this weekend and very possibly could if her medicine continues to work and she does not spell again. I will say though that I am a little scared to be home away from these machines at night because of her last spell. I do hope that I can gain back my confidence in monitoring Miss Karter before we head out! All in all though Karter is doing great!

So tonight I thought I would also start sharing some of my stories of my crazy two year old Addison Grace. Addison lately has really taken on to Dora the Explorer! Bless her little heart she is just in love with Dora! She has really liked her in the last year or so and it has been so fun watching her love on her Dora things. She really lights up anytime she has something Dora. Well...I never in my wildest dreams thought that this love would almost become too much, but it has!!! Addison, to our embarrassment, now thinks that little hispanic girls with Dora hair cuts are actually in fact the REAL DORA! She can not comprehend that these girls are not Dora. The poor thing has now had several instances in which she has called out to these girls begging for them to come to her. She crys and crys, "Come mere Dora, come mere" "I neeb you Dora I neeb you". This is kind of funny but at the same time I am a little embarrassed that she is calling out to these girls. Looks like I am going to have to do some major educating on the difference in Dora and these little Hispanic girls because she just does not get that they are not the real Dora! :) She is a sweet pea though and I know she means well!

Thank you all again for your prayers for Karter and our family. I can honestly tell you that the power of prayer is amazing and that thanks to all of you and our faithful Lord Karter is doing great!

Love and Thanks!

The McHams

1 comment: