Our Beautiful Life

Monday, June 21, 2010

Speechless....

Today I found out that one of Karter's CICU buddies past away. His name was Michael Cohen, and he was a precious baby boy who was just shy of being two weeks old. We were able to meet his incredible family in the waiting room of the ICU. His mother and father are both strong people who cared and loved Cohen with all of their hearts. It breaks my heart to know that not all babies from the Cardiac ICU unit make it to be angels here on earth. Some of these Cardiac angels have other plans created by God. My thoughts, prayers, and love go out to Cohen's family. I can not believe that we were just talking to them the other night and now he is gone. Life happens and changes so quickly. Losing a child is unimaginable to me and it leaves me somewhat speechless. My dear Karter can be fixed and we are all here trying to figure out when they are going to do the surgery...in fact we keep bugging them everyday. It makes me feel bad knowing that their time right now needs to be on those other sick babies. They have to prioritize and make sure that they can give accurate care to all of these little ones. Cohen I know was put on this earth to touch the lives of everyone who knew him. His mother Megan has an incredible blog that I encourage you all to read. It is www.inthiswonderfullife.com . Please keep this family in your prayers as they have been asked to do the hardest thing of all...give back their angel.
Karter is doing great tonight. The Cardiac doctor said we should know something tomorrow on a date for surgery. This date although can change based on the needs of the other children in the hospital. Since they are able to keep Karter somewhat stable with oxygen then she is not as critical as some of the others. I do pray that she does not ever become critical. I know she is just bored out of her mind being in this hospital. I have tried to entertain her with stuff animals and a little bouncy seat but there is only so much I can do. Poor thing has to spend so much of her day in her bed....it does not seem like fun. She is eating well though and continues to gain weight, in fact today she weighed 8lbs 11oz! So for now this is he only update that I can give. I hope to have more information tomorrow!
Thank you all for keeping up with our blog and continuing with your prayers. Tonight I do hope you remember baby Cohen.
Love,
The McHams'

1 comment:

  1. I just read about him. Bless their hearts. Kee hit it on the nose when she said if they are pushing Karters surgery back it is a good sign. Jacob's surgeon's father passed away a few days before his surgery to repair was scheduled..so they had all of us scheduled to come in for echo and Jacob couldn't wait at that point so he had his full repair apr 13 1999 ...........they told us one day he may need another for the pulmonary stenosis... high school or so.When we were in CICU at Texas Children's here in Houston there was this one patient..legs hanging off the end of the bed. It was Coach Slocum(was aggies head coach at thet time) grandson. He was 19 or 20 and having that same procedure and wanted it done there as that is where his repair started. Hang in there girl. I know how we mom's try to be the strong ones ...but rememeber to rest and open up to someone. I seemed to have broke down once he was ok... and yeah.. take care of yourself too momma! HUGS AND PRAYERS are headed up <3

    ReplyDelete