Our Beautiful Life

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Putting the books down...

Karter once again is defying all of the odds! She is now breathing better than ever, she has been breathing in the 90 oxygen percentile most of the afternoon all on her own. I use to read books, tons of websites, and other articles on her conditions but I believe that I am done for the most part with my reading. I know that most of the things they write and journalize are for the "typical" or what they call standard down syndrome child and that not everything in there will pertain to Karter; however, the more I read the more I realize that she is definitely her own person! She rarely follows anything that the book says. She is such a fighter and I believe she is going to be the one that proves some of these doctors wrong. She already has proven to me that nothing is impossible! Every time the doctors come in to tell us something it is like they tell us the worse cause scenario. I understand that they do it to prepare us for the worse but every time they do Miss Karter proves them wrong! This may be the only time I will allow her to challenge an adult! I love it when she does this and proves that they do not really have an answer for everything because some things are left to the Lord and the power of prayer. I think that Karter and I are going to write out own book someday cause she is breaking all the rules! I may need some help with my grammar though and spelling if you guys have not noticed! ;) Oh and help with some of this medical terminology!!!

Anyways enough of my tangent! WE ARE GOING HOME TOMORROW!!! (Knock on wood!) I am so ready to see Addison! We did get to Skype with her tonight and loved it! Miss Addison went to gymnastics today at Gym Tyler and from what I heard she did an A-M-A-Z-I-N-G job! She is such a little hunny sometimes...that is when she is not being the Tasmanian devil! :)

I am about to go shut my eyes now! Thanks so much for all your thoughts and sweet comments! We truly do appreciate everything that you do!

Love,

The McHams

1 comment:

  1. I think putting the books down will be a relief. I felt similar, I would read all the books on how to raise a child and all the magazines. I got to the point that raising a child doesn't go by an article/book, the more I read I began to doubt myself and the choices I was making. Your daughters are beautiful and you are the best mother for them! Glad to hear you will be going home.

    ReplyDelete