Our Beautiful Life

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Giving us the boot out of Cardiac ICU....

Looks like they are giving us the boot out of the Cardiac ICU unit tomorrow morning. They have apparently had enough of us on this floor! Haha! JK! They absolutly adore Miss Karter but they do feel as if she is ready to go back to the eighth floor. From there that could mean home in a few more days. HOME makes me so NERVOUS! I mean wow without any euipment or monitors I am going to be a nervous reck!!! I can guarentee one thing, our doctors office and the ER will know us by name! I can already tell you I will be taking her in for any sign of trouble! For when she has these tet spells she spells so quickly and drops to a really low oxygen in the matter of just seconds. I just hope that I can notice the signs of her spelling a little bit better than I did before we were in here in Dallas. I will say that I have learned an awful lot up here and feel as if I could already be an RN for AV Canal and Tetralogy of Fallot. I just feel sorry for the ER crew that will have to listen to me telling them what to do! They are just going to LOVE me! ;)
Anyways today was a great day obviously for Karter. She had NO spells and her oxygen levels have been decent all day. Addison and Jeremy made it down this morning and he got to spend some time with Karter while I spent some time with Addison. We then headed over to the Cato Family Reunion and spent the afternoon with my family. We took Addison out in the boat and she loved it! I think she is eventually going to be a waterbug! So all in all today has been almost perfect!
By the way I took a small walk around the CICU unit and "peeped" in the doors and noticed several little babies wearing their goodies! They were PRECIOUS!!! I am so glad that we were able to get the bows to them this week! They even had a few extra to keep them tided over for a little while. I wish I could have taken some pictures but the laws guarding their privacy are really strict and I understand so I minded my manners and just "peeped"! I did include my e-mail on the little cards so hopefully we will get a picture or two from some of them!
Please continue to pray for strength for our Karter Bear! I know that she is doing as well as she is because of all of the prayer lifting her up to our one and only God. What the power of prayer can do is just so incredible! Tonight I also ask that you continue to pray for all of Karter's friends up here. I just can not imagine some of the pain these parents are going through! I have heard some really good stories and made some lifelong connections which I am very greatful for being able to do. While I am up here I better make use of my time spreading our great faith and belief in Prayer!
What an AWESOME God we have!
Love,
The McHams'

3 comments:

  1. Home would terrify me as well! Can they at least give you an oxygen tank or something in case she spells? or a monitor to where in her sleep? I hope so!! Can't hurt to ask right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well all I can say is trust your mommy gut when at home. Jake just didn't look right to me when we were down at my mom's for the girls bday get together...so I took him to the ER ..they tried to send me home and I refused..the next morning he had the worst spell yet..while getting his echo!! AND they hadn't started an iv before making him npo and as you have probably learned Tet babies are hard enough to get a vein..but dehydrated it is REAL bad...the doctor had to get him as she cussed at whoever was his floor nurse... it was the scariest of all his times in the hospital..they rushed him over to PICU ...had I not insisted on staying we would of been all the way up in Atascocita and with traffic that is a looong way from TCH... I will keep you in prayer for peace and wisdom .. you will do great babygirl.. you listen to your heart! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a son who has tetralogy of fallot. He was born premature @ 6mths and weighed 2lbs.He had to have 2 surgeries before he was a year old & will need another in his teens. He also has bronchial tracheal malaysia. He also had to have a trach. Because of the trach he would not eat, so he had to have a g-tube.He stayed most of the first year in nicu. He went home for good when he was 13 mths & weighed 18lbs.Like you when it was time I was terrified.We had a pulse ox(oxygen monitor) & oxygen concentrator plus portable oxygen tanks. For several months we would go to the er every time his oxygen level would drop. I was so scared & did not want to take any chances.With god and alot of family & friends help he is now 8yrs old. I still worry over him every time he gets a cold or any sickness.I will pray for everything to turn out good for you to.

    ReplyDelete