Our Beautiful Life

Monday, June 14, 2010

The grace of the Lord is upon us!

Okay sorry I did not make it to the blog last night but yesterday was another incredible day! First off Karter gave Jeremy the best birthday gift ever! She came off of her breathing tube!!! They did have to put her on some oxygen through her nose in a tube called a canula. She at first did not seem like she was going to be able to tolerate being off of the breathing tube but with three changes to her camelot and with a small breathing treatment it worked! They did have to give her a steroid to strengthen her lungs but other than that she is pretty much breathing on her own! YEAHH!!!!
Now as far as what caused everything they are calling it a "tet" spell which has not really been explained to us but as soon as I find a doctor I will get more information on that! I believe it has to do with her tetralogy of fallot heart defect but as soon as I know more I will let you know! I am just glad that it was nothing to do with her respiratory system but instead was just an effect of something that was already wrong.
She is on some heart medication now that I believe she will have to continue at the house. While we were at home these last few week she did not have to be on any medicine but an iron vitamin. This to me was in itself a small miracle! I mean to have so many problems with her heart and essentially a small hole in the center I can not believe that she has not had to have any medicine until today!
As far as eating...she did get to eat last night. They started her off with some pedialyte and then moved her back to breast milk through a bottle. SHE LOVED IT!!! Now she is back to her normal self, eating, sleeping, pooping. I just love it!
Now we are just waiting on the doctor to come in and let us know what is going on exactly. I am still at this point if we will have to stay here until her surgery or if we will get to come home. I really think that with as well as she has been doing that we will be able to go back home for a while before surgery, but then the big question comes in as to when they will do the surgery...that is still up in the air at this point in time. I think they are now waiting for her to get up to at least 10-12 lbs and just a little bit older before they are comfortable enough that they will get a good repair. If they go in and repair now they said that they could fix it but it would not be a repair that they would feel like would hold her for a long time which would mean more surgeries. The Doctor once explained it to me like this: Right now her little valves that they would be operating on are not much stronger than tissue paper, so going in and cutting on them and sewing them back up would give them almost a temporary fix but would still be a hard surgery to complete to the the delicacy of her valves. Once she is bigger and older those valves start to firm up which would lead to a better complete repair.

THIS JUST IN!!! WE MAY BE MOVING UP TO THE EIGHTH FLOOR!!! AS SOON AS I KNOW MORE I WILL LET YOU KNOW! THE EIGHTH FLOOR THOUGH IS EVERYONES' AIM HERE AT CHILDREN'S!

Thank you everyone for your support and prayers for Karter Bear! Please continue to pass on our project Karter's Bow of Faith so that we may also help the other children up here! As soon as we know more on our possible big move today I will at least get it posted on Facebook!

Love,

The McHams

1 comment:

  1. 8th floor, that's exciting! Praying for that sweet baby! Stay strong momma!

    ReplyDelete