Our Beautiful Life

Saturday, June 12, 2010

God is AMAZING!!!

The power of prayer is so wonderful! Yesterday Karter was all over the charts with craziness and today it was like a whole new world! SHE IS DOING GREAT! They have taken her off of all her meds except a little dose of antibiotics (as a precaution) and some pain medicine. Her intubation tube is still in but they have began to ween her from her oxygen and hope to have her off of her breathing tube by tomorrow. That's right TOMORROW! Today has been blessed with nothing but good news. They are still waiting on one virus test to come back but so far all of the others have been negative. They still have no clue what caused her "little" episodes yesterday but hopefully they will have more insight as they continue to monitor her over the next couple of days. So for now we are still playing the waiting game. Since she is off of her paralyzation medicine she did wake up a few times today while we were in the room. It was so uplifting to see her eyes full of life! Tomorrow after they pull her breathing tube and if her stats go up we will get to hold her again!

As I leave out tonight I would also like to make a small post about our new friends we met today! We have heard two other incredible stories today of babies fighting for their life. While Karter;s journey may be scary at least we know that in the end it CAN BE FIXED; however, for our new friends it is not so simple. We ask that you pray for baby Bella, for she went into surgery thinking that the doctor were going to be able to repair her and came out with a temporary fix. She eventually will have to have a heart transplant, which is not what her family was expecting to hear. Please also pray for baby Cohen as he is fighting hard for his life. He is only FIVE DAYS old and has already had three surgeries on his heart. He is truly an inspiration!

I can honestly say that although it is heart wrenching for me to watch Karter go through all of this I still feel so blessed. She could have always had a worse heart defect. I am so thankful that God put this angel into our lives and showed us into this other world of sick children. I have meet so many amazing people throughout this adventure and I can not wait to meet even more! Please continue to pass on Karter's Bow of Faith! WE ARE NOW ADDING SOMETHING FOR BOYS AND NEEDING DONATIONS OF BEANIES for them to wear! I am truly touched by the generosity and out pour of kindness for this cause! Thank you all so much for being so great to these children and to us!

Love,

The McHams

2 comments:

  1. Such a good idea, I would love to send something. Let me know when you post the PO Box. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your faith and strength is amazing. Whenever I hear "Bring the Rain" By Mercy Me I think of you now. I don't know if you've heard it but here's the lyrics:

    I can count a million times
    People asking me how I
    Can praise You with all that I've gone through
    The question just amazes me
    Can circumstances possibly
    Change who I forever am in You
    Maybe since my life was changed
    Long before these rainy days
    It's never really ever crossed my mind
    To turn my back on you, oh Lord
    My only shelter from the storm
    But instead I draw closer through these times
    So I pray

    Bring me joy, bring me peace
    Bring the chance to be free
    Bring me anything that brings You glory
    And I know there'll be days
    When this life brings me pain
    But if that's what it takes to praise You
    Jesus, bring the rain

    I am Yours regardless of
    The dark clouds that may loom above
    Because You are much greater than my pain
    You who made a way for me
    By suffering Your destiny
    So tell me what's a little rain
    So I pray

    Holy, holy, holy
    Is the Lord God Almighty

    ReplyDelete