Our Beautiful Life

Friday, July 9, 2010

A Prayer for Steve the Pigeon

Dear Lord tonight as we lay down to sleep I ask that you take care of Steve. Steve you see is one of Jeremy's newest friends that we met at lunch today. We believe that Steve the Pigeon was born with a malformed foot. While he can still fly and move it troubles my husband about his poor little foot. If you would please watch over Steve tonight until we get back tomorrow to give him his daily feeding. In your name we pray, Amen.

Note about Steve: We met Steve while sitting outside today at lunch. Jeremy had an immediate connection with this Pigeon due to his "disability". Steve, however, does not act like he has an disability. Jeremy did start to feed Steve today. The little guy (well hopefully guy) now also has a love connection with my husband. He did respect our space and stayed off of our table but he enjoyed a lot of his time next to Jeremy's chair....I wonder why??? I am sure that we will go back out to the patio tomorrow to check on Steve and to give him an adequate feeding! :)

Love,

The McHams'

2 comments:

  1. That is so cute! Steve can come live at my house with my chickens and ducks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww!!!! That is one of the sweetest things I have ever heard!! Jeremy, thats awesome!! Maybe Steve is there just watching over u guys!!

    ReplyDelete