Our Beautiful Life

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Encouragement

Karter Bear
Finally a big girl bed!

I can not wait to hold this sweet thing!
Karter Bear...poor thing looks like she has been beaten up!

A sign Miss Libby made for Karter!

A sign made by Aunt Jordan and MiMi



Zoo Time With Addison Grace


Addison enjoying the slide at the Zoo playground!

"Now mommy you may need to buckle up!"

Daddy and Addi point at a giraffe below!
She was thirsty so she was not going to smile!

Beautiful girl sleeping away after a long day at the Zoo!

Karter's Day ~July 12
As of this morning Karter was not any better but she was also not any worse. Her lungs have not changed from yesterday, but her fever has disappeared. They started her on several new medications today. One for her stomach, one to make her potty, another lasik to make her pee out all this fluid, one to make her blood pressure come down, one to get her potassium level back up, & one to keep her calm. They have told me the names of each and every medicine but I would just being lying on here if I told you I remembered them! All I know is that she is on a lot more medication today then she was yesterday. They did not give her an aspirin today because they thought it might be interfering with her heart rhythm due to all of the other medications. However, she will start back up her normal dose of one aspirin a day tomorrow. She will take this for the rest of her life. Karter did wake-up today and while I am still not allowed to hold her (they could not pull the line out from her heart due to the inflammation) I did get to talk to her and see her smile again! She even took her pacifier for a little while today! Dad would be proud because she took the one he bought her! :) It was nice to see some life in her eyes without her being so agitated. Hopefully tomorrow they can go back down on her vapor therm (they came down to 8 this evening, so far so good) so that she can take a real bottle instead of getting all of her feeds through her feeding tube! Thank you guys for all of her prayers last night! I just know they worked for her to be doing so good today!
Steve
Well today I went and had a snack outside on the patio in hopes of seeing Steve. Sure enough he was there! I was so glad to see him for prior to going outside I had searched high and low for some seeds! This hospital is awfully big so it took me a few floors to find the right vending machine. While the sign on the outside says not to feed the birds, I went ahead and feed Steve. Jeremy did not see him as a bird but instead as a friend so technically I am not feeding a bird, I am just feeding Jeremy's friend Steve! Steve has started to touch my heart here lately. I think he knows when we come outside because he always flies right on in to us. Today Steve was cooing so we had a little talk about Miss Karter. I think he told me that he would watch her from outside her window. That way if she acted up while I was gone at night he could tap on the glass to alert the Nurses. I would not put it past Mr. Steve for he seems pretty domesticated to me, well that is for a Pigeon at least. I guess I need to start making more friends than just Steve but he is just so easy and such a great listener I think I might just continue to enjoy his company on my snack breaks! :)
Well I am going to call it a night and watch my little princess sleep! If I was magical I would give each one of you a BIG hug tonight for your prayers! I just know that these prayers are helping Karter with her strength and I could never thank all of you enough for this gift you have given us!
Love,
Tara McHam

2 comments:

  1. Great story about Steve, Tara!! Im so happy he is there giving you comfort and company!! Im so sorry you cant hold karter bear yet but I pray hard that she recovers soon and you get to hold her!! Luv ya girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara, I know this must be quite a journey for all of you and at times the ups and downs of emotions from day to day get very tiring. Please do take good care of yourself! Do some normal things like a mani / pedi / massage or see a movie or something. You are a very special mommy!

    I will continue to keep in touch with Karter's progress.

    Pat Spier (Carol's friend in Calif)

    ReplyDelete