Our Beautiful Life

Friday, July 16, 2010

The light keeps getting brighter!

So this morning when we walked into Karter's room her vapor therm machine was gone!!! She is now just on a normal nasal cannula but I am almost positive that will be going soon too! Her lungs are almost back to 100% function. She is really starting to look like herself again. The more and more wires and tubes she looses the better she must feel because it has been showing. Today they took her feeding tube out of her abdominal area and moved it into her stomach. So now her feeds are almost back to a normal schedule. If she does well with this transition then she will be back on the bottle in no time! I know she just can not wait, she has about sucked her pacifier to death. I just can not believe the turn around she made in just a few short days. From having one of her lungs all but collapsed to this I am now a firm believer in miracles. She would not be where she is today with the healing powers of our Lord. He has heard the prayers for our sweet angel and has truly shown us what an amazing God he is to those who seek & believe in him.
By my predictions we will be home sometime this next week. There is always the chance of another complication coming up, but if she keeps up the hard work then we will be back in Tyler in no time! I can not wait to have my family all back together again! I know Addison is ready to be able to see her sister when she wants to. Poor thing has not been able to see her two weeks.
On another note, Addison used the potty again today! This time she even used an adult potty instead of her potty chair. Jeremy and Addison were heading back to Tyler this afternoon when he stopped to get them both something to drink. When they got in there Addison promptly told him that she needed to go potty, so he took her like a good daddy! She is doing so well with potty training herself! I can not wait for her to be a "big" girl and wear those little panties all the time!! Of course Jeremy was super proud and found the nearest Wal-Mart and took her in to buy her a treat! I think she ended up with a DVD, a new toy, and something else. She is just a TAD bit spoiled by her daddy. I am so thankful that they have the relationship that they do. I can not wait for him to create another special bond with Miss Karter Bear.
All in all this weekend was filled with great news! The Lord most of known that I was getting to my breaking point. He truly will never give us more than we can handle. I hope that I am able to continue to turn it all over to his hands and allow him to carry around my burdens.
I do ask tonight that you say a small prayer for Miss Addison. She had an ant bite her the other day on her chest. Today when I looked at it, it had a green head to it. After she took a warm bath this morning I tried to pop it thinking that it would be just an easy head to get out. I was wrong. :( It has some type of boil under it and I tried squeezing as much as I could but never got the head. The last time this happened on her leg it had to be lanced at the hospital. She goes in tomorrow to the doctor so hopefully she will be able to better assist us with an solution. I just pray that it is not infected! Her Pa may also need some prayers in the morning for he is the one taking her into the office! God bless his soul!
Thank you all for your prayers and continuous support. Without you I do not know if this journey would have been as easy to take as it has been. I look forward to a hopefully speedy recovery & getting Miss Karter Bear home so that we can share more than hospital news!
Love,
Tara McHam

No comments:

Post a Comment