Our Beautiful Life

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Sugar me NOT!

So Addison & I attempted our first batch of homemade sugar cookies. I am a huge fan of the sugar cookies you get at the supermarket that have the colorful icing on them. They are fluffy and soft and the icing is oh so yummy! So this weekend I had the crazy thought that I could imitate these delectable cookies. Boy was I wrong! We found a recipe on the Internet that claimed to be soft fluffy sugar cookies so we tried it out. I should have known when it called for SIX cups of flour that these cookies would in the end taste much like flour. We followed the recipe to a "t" and then let the dough chill in the refrigerator like it called for them to do. After pulling the batter out we rolled them into big sticky balls and put them to bake in the oven. 10 minutes later we pulled out a cookie disaster!! These cookies looked like miniature beige mountains! They were huge and very puffy! Upon taking a glance of the outside we decided we would just try one out and see if the taste was better than it's rocky outside shell. This was probably the worst cookie I have ever tasted! It tasted like bread with a little sugar added in the ingredients. It was a nightmare! Needless to say we did not ice them but instead threw them all in the trash and ate some candy & ice cream instead! :)
On another note, Karter is doing great! Her PT went great on Monday and she is set to go again tomorrow. We also will meet with our geneticist tomorrow and go back for another weight check. At her last doctor appointment she had lost an ounce so hopefully we will have gained that ounce back plus more! If we do not show a pretty upward trend then she will have to get the NG tube on Monday the 9th at her next cardiologist appointment. But trust me, I plan on fattening up this little girl much more before then! The geneticist will be delivering the BIG news tomorrow to let us know if Jeremy & I may be a carrier of a gene that can lead to Downs or if this was just a complete once and a lifetime thing! Either way I am pretty sure that I will be able to come to term with it. :)
Addison and I will be trying more sugar cookies tomorrow night! Hopefully they will be tasty! If you have any recipes you would like to share with us we would be more than grateful!
Much Love,
Tara McHam

No comments:

Post a Comment