Our Beautiful Life

Friday, August 13, 2010

Cherish Today

Today we will paint
I promise not to faint!

Today we will pretend

Today we will rock

I promise not to go into shock

Today while you suck your thumb

I promise to never let my heart go numb

Today as you smile and hug

I promise not to become a big blub

Today as you thrive
I promise to never leave your side...

This week has been nothing short of A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! We received great news at the cardiologist! Karter's heart surgery is still a success. She is still going to be on oxygen for another few weeks and she still needs to gain weight at a faster rate BUT her heart is doing just great!!
Karter did have to get some shots this week and those caused her to have some fever and typical shot after effects but so far this has been a great week! Her PT & OT session this week went great! We missed two sessions (one because of the cardiologist appt. & another one because of her being sick from her shots) this week but at the one session she attended she did wonderful!
All in all Karter is finally able to be a normal baby for the most part! She is starting to show signs of her teeth coming in which is just crazy to me! It does not seem like she is four months already! Where did the time go??? Oh yea it went to Children's! Haha! :)
This week we had lots of fun! Addison painted a picture frame border with black paint and became covered from head to toe! It was lots of fun to watch her! We had some great company when Dustin & Philana came over! Parker and Addison each got a new guitar and played us lots of music throughout the evening! Parker even tried on Addison's pink earphones to play telephone operator! I am so glad that Addison has so many young friends her age that can come over and play. I still think she needs some outlets like these play dates in order for her to cope with our new routine of doctor appointments almost everyday. I am not going to know what to do with my time when we do not have to go all the time! I am sure I can find a good way to spend it though, especially with my girls & our recliner! Addison and Jeremy were also able to enjoy our slip-n-slide this week. I believe Jeremy got a huge workout for he slid her across the slippery slide about 100 times! She is starting to become daddy's little girl which kind of breaks my heart. I know she will always love me but I thought I might be able to fight off the inevitable daddy's little girl title. Guess not, at least I can try to with Karter!
Tonight as I am writing this I am going to ask for some prayers for an old friend of mine. She just had a precious baby with a heart defect and down syndrome. My heart breaks for her as I know how hard the beginning is to this journey. At the same time my heart is beaming with joy that she is going to be able to experience some of the most amazing things with her child. Please add them to your prayer list along with Karter.
God Bless & Love,
Tara McHam
P.S. This week tragedy struck an amazing family. This family is in my every thought and prayer as they endure one of life's hardest curve balls. May the Lord bring peace to the Ross family as they grieve a Father/Husband/Grandfather, and a Son/Grandson/Nephew. Nothing in this world will be able to ease their pain, but through the Lord's loving embrace may they find peace. Please forget about that load of laundry, the dirty kitchen, the lawn that needs mowing and spend some extra time with the ones you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment